Saturday 9 July 2016

Felted Monet Shawl

 Last spring Lyn Pfleuger led us through another great felting experience, creating a Monet shawl using dyed wool and silk fibre as well as incorporating pieces of wool and silk fabric. Such fun playing with colour in a painterly fashion. This is a picture of the wool and fabric before the felting process - you have to work big because the final product becomes about 2/3 the size.










You can see some of the detail in this picture. I chose to add stitching to define some of the shapes.

Coincidentally I took a trip shortly after the workshop and had planned to see Monet's gardens at Giverny, so had to take the shawl with me. It turned out to be a very practical addition to my limited travel wardrobe, keeping me warm on cold wet days, as well as dressing up for dinner.




Unfortunately we were unable to get to Giverny because of labour disputes, but it served me well against the cold winds of Skara Brae and London.



No comments:

Post a Comment