Friday 4 January 2013

Needle-felt - A chorus line greeting

 
Season's Greetings from the Chorus Line!


The Reindeer and Gnomes I made last fall went over very well at the recent sales so I'm building a chorus line of buddies to go in the spring sales - such fun.

The armatures and feet are made of stove wire. Once the design is made, it is reasonably quick to create variations on a theme, which means I can keep them more affordable. However, my fruit fly attention span limits the number that I can tolerate making before working on a new design.

I've been watching the bird feeders for inspiration - so far the four legged variety are monopolizing them although nuthatches and chickadees also visit.



The deer have figured out how to stand on their hind legs and bump the feeders. The squirrels keep trying to build nests in the open feeders - lazy little fellas think that they can get room service. Fortunately the bears seem to be hibernating - a few years ago one managed to yank down our pulley system and made short work of the feeders.



No comments:

Post a Comment