Saturday 8 March 2014

Travels

Apologies for the time since my last update - winter got to be too much so we decided to take a long driving trip to warmer climates including Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.


Then we headed across to Sonoma to connect with a friend whom I haven't seen since High School. It is amazing how much time has passed, but how much we still have in common. We took a lovely wine tour which has inspired me to try another felt landscape when I get the chance. Then we headed up the beautiful coastline, eventually arriving in Victoria to another cold spell. All in all the trip went very well and I came away with feeling blessed to live on such a diverse and beautiful continent.


We certainly lucked out with the weather for driving except the last leg home from Victoria which was snowy, wet, and ugly, never mind the stops for avalanche control (especially the part where we were stopped in a line-up for over an hour beside a sign saying that stopping was prohibited because of avalanche hazard). I did manage to get some felting done while on the trip including the squirrel buddy to the left. Notice that I left his ears off until I got home so that he did not have to listen to me whining about the road conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment