Tuesday 9 June 2015

Fibre Embellishments in Felt


I took a trip up to Legacy Studio last week and came away with lots of inspiring beautiful dyed fibres to experiment with.
I made two tea cozies trying out some of the fibres as well as adding some new top handles.
The rainbow effect was created with rainbow dyed silk lap. I added some coloured wool and pulled silk in the second version (on right) to accentuate the rainbow colours. I love the sheen and wiggly effect of the silk lap caused during the shrinking of the wool - it reminds me iridescent scales.


I also created some texture by adding glass bead resists during the felting process (bottom). I drizzled some dyed banana fibre to add some purple and orange "threads" as well some purple bamboo tops. Fun, fun, fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment