Sunday 11 November 2012

Bragg Creek Artisans Sale Coming Up!


Time for the annual Bragg Creek Artisan sale Nov 17 and 18th!
Here is a link with information about the sale.
http://www.braggcreekartisans.com/monthly-events/

This is a wonderful group that I have belonged to for about 17 years. I have met some amazing people and artists over the years and had a lot of fun. Their website also has general information about the group and examples of artists' work in the gallery. Mine is at ...  http://www.braggcreekartisans.com/gallery/fay-hodson/

The sale itself is very special with amazing work by local artists. It is fun to attend and participate in - my personal goal is to sell at least as much as I buy.

I have been busy painting and felting. I am hoping to get to do some more floral abstracts. A few years ago I took a  great String Gel workshop with Roni Jurgensen and I was hooked. Golden makes a medium that can be tinted with acrylic paint and drizzled on to canvas. It produces a very free-flowing, raised look that forces me to loosen up, which is a good thing (I think). I particularly like the effect of tinting it with metalic paints. In the images below, I painted the background colour first, drizzled tinted String Gel to outline the leaves and flowers, and then filled in the petal and leaf colours with regular acrylic paint.






No comments:

Post a Comment