Friday 23 November 2012

Landscapes - some examples


I have been painting landscapes for as long as I can remember - it seems like time to post some examples. One of my favorite activities as a teenager was to visit the McMichael Gallery which features the Group of Seven - obviously a significant influence on my style.



Healy Pass - 36X24" Acrylic
 
Earth, Wind, and Fire - Triptych totalling 72X18 inchs Acrylic


Dolomite Pass Whimsy - 20X6 inches Acrylic - Sold

Icefield Parkway - 18X1 inches' Acrylic - Sold



Birdwood Mountain - Sold

Prairie to Mountain - Acrylic - Sold
Sunshine Meadows - Acrylic


Group of Four #4 - Acrylic


Ramparts view from Healy Pass - Acrylic

Spirit Island - Acrylic - Sold

 
Group of Four # 2 - Acrylic
Lauchie Fleming, an accomplished artist and fellow member of the Bragg Creek Painters inspired me to start painting with a pallet knife. Definitely this forced me to do things differently, but somehow, that Group of Seven influence still seems to come through. 
 
Acrylic - Sold
 
Acrylic - Sold
 
 
Three - Acrylic - Sold
Maple Stream Triptych - Acrylic - Sold
 
Maple Lace and Stream - Acrylic 5X3'

No comments:

Post a Comment