Thursday 22 March 2012

Right in front of your nose landscapes


Dancing in the Shallows of Lac Beauvert

Jasper area is one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth. I love to sketch and paint there surrounded by majestic and interesting mountains. A few years back, sketching on the edge of Lac Beauvert, I happened to look at the shallows right in front of me and realized that I had been missing one of the most beautiful scenes. I did some preliminary sketches and photos and finally got around to painting it just recently. Just goes to show that you always need to look for unexpected surprises.












This Maple Lace painting is one of a series. It is a 5X3 ft acrylic painted primarily with a pallet knife - definitely a challenge to control because of the quick drying properties of the paint but a lot of fun and outside of the box for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment